Sunday, February 20, 2011

Introduction

I'm treating this blog as a personal experiment in which I allow myself to freely craft a representation of my personality in order to indulge a common desire to frame my life within a cohesive self-narrative. This blog principally serves as a hobby, a type of action that I typically find difficult to impliment when structuring my life. I consider this blog to represent on three levels: it is a personal project, cultivating of a customary mode of coping (a recreational hobby); it is a process of self-definition, in which I selectively consolidate and analyze information about my life, thus betraying habits of justification and presentation; and finally it is a self-portrait, the outcome of this process, which will exist in a dichotomy with the dynamic portait of the writer that underlies its creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment